Friday, July 22, 2011

Pizza!

Who doesn't love pizza? To be honest, it's one of those "ooo I shouldn't" foods for most of us. But the truth is nothing is further than the truth. Home made pizza is perhaps is so much in our control, it's not even funny.


I started with pre-baked crust. Mama Mary's thin and crispy crust is a great start:











Then it was just add 2-3 tablespoons of sauce. I used the Classico that was in the fridge:










For toppings I went veggie heavy. I started by heating a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan and wilting down a bag of spinach. Then I removed the spinach and carmelized a Vidalia onion and sliced mushrooms.











After removing the veggies, I sauteed up a couple of chicken breasts that I dressed with salt, pepper, lemon juice and Italian seasonings. I chopped it up and dropped it on top:











Finally I topped it with 1/2 a package (about 1 cup) of shredded low-fat cheese.










In the end, I had a healthy pizza for about 6 points+ a slice that was truly tasty. Had I just gone with veggies or left off some of the cheese, I could have dropped the points+ way down but somethings are worth it. :)

0 comments:

What's For Dinner?   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP