Monday, December 12, 2011

Veggie Soup

Something funny happened on the way to my soup, I tried using my immersion blender.

I started tonight in the veggie drawer in the fridge: onion, carrots, peppers and mushrooms. Oh wait, there's a tube of crushed garlic and crushed ginger on the door. So after I sautéed the veggies, I poured a carton of veggie broth in with some herbs de Provence, a shake of red pepper, a shake of cumin, salt and pepper. A splash of lemon juice and some white wine and let things simmer.

Then I decided to give the immersion blender a try.

Lessons learned? Immersion blenders have amazing suction and work wicked, wicked fast and sort of puréed everything.

Yummy though.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Hi - This is Ken from Divertir Publishing. You sent me a NaNoMail that I replied to, but I'm not sure if you're still checking the site. Had no other way to contact you other than a comment here. If you send me your contact info we can chat about your question. Thanks - Ken

What's For Dinner?   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP