Monday, September 19, 2011

Apple Honey Maple Chicken Thighs

Just a reminder that today is still the lose-a-palooza through Weight Watchers. I'm hoping to be a part of the $75k being raised for organizations like Share Our Strength.

This is a fall favorite around here. I take a cup of applesauce, a couple of tablespoons honey and maple syrup, a couple of tablespoons of ketchup and mustard and a shake of ginger and cinnamon, some salt and pepper to taste and whatever herbs and spices happen to be lying around. Tonight I used Dr. Gonzo's Beaver Rub. Just mix it all up and toss it all in the crockpot for 4-6 hours at high or 6-12 hours at high. (About 5 points plus a serving)

I also bought a Kabosha squash, similar to a sugar pumpkin, and roasted it at 375* for about 45 minutes or so until it was soft. First I scooped the seeds out and brushed it with a little olive oil. When it was soft, I scooped it out of the shell and pureed it with a shake of cinnamon, ginger and a pinch of brown sugar. Add a little brown rice and you have a nice healthy fall meal with little effort.

0 comments:

What's For Dinner?   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP