Monday, September 19, 2011

Sausage Ragout with Polenta

I held off posting until this morning because today is Lose-a-palooza as part of Weight Watchers "Lose for good" campaign. For every mention of the campaign - where Weight Watchers will donate $225k for every 1 million pounds lost - Weight Watchers will donate another dollar, up to 75k today. Since one of the two charities is one I support, No Kid Hungry campaign that's part of Share our Strength.

I will also post whatever I throw in the crock pot tonight later. Two posts in one day! Woo Hoo!

I don't like buying jarred sauce anymore because it's so easy to make sauce in general. In this case a basic ragout. I picked up a pound of chicken sausage today and removed it from the casing and sauteed it until brown. Then I tossed in diced onion, celery, carrot and pepper until soft. Finally, I added some sliced mushrooms, a 16 oz can of crushed tomatoes and a half glass of white wine and simmered for about 20 minutes or so.

I had a roll of polenta in the fridge and sliced up half a dozen or so 1/2 slices and just fried them up. In the end, a bit of ragout on top of the polenta disks and voila! Dinner.

The ragout ends up being about 4-6 points plus a serving - a lot of it depends on the serving size (like everything, your mileage may vary). It really was quite yummy and it's something that my husband is hoping I make again. :)

0 comments:

What's For Dinner?   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP